great career, but its my time now. I just believe that this is mine for | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » Main Board
wangzonghui May 19
DETROIT -- The Detroit Lions leaned on their defense and special teams to score while the potentially potent offense sputtered for three quarters. Leonard Fournette Youth Jersey .Detroits offense finally got going in the fourth, pulling ahead on Eric Ebrons 1-yard touchdown run early in the quarter and padding the lead with Matt Praters 43-yard field goal with 22 seconds left in a 26-19 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.When you start putting heat on us, man, we start playing better, said Ebron, whose first carry in the NFL was set up by his career-long, 61-yard reception.The Lions (6-4) have won five of six, keeping them in a tie atop the NFC North with Minnesota, despite trailing in the fourth quarter of every game. For a change, Matthew Stafford didnt have to lead a game-winning drive in the final minutes.Jacksonville (2-8) has lost five straight and had a chance to stop the skid.The Jaguars could have forced Detroit to punt, or to go for it on a fourth-and-2 from their 46, with 2:34 left. SenDerrick Marks, though, was penalized for encroachment on a play in which Stafford didnt intend to have the ball snapped.Theyve done it before on tape, Stafford said.Jacksonville coach Gus Bradley refused to blame Marks for the costly flag, and the nose tackle didnt want to take responsibility for the latest loss.That wasnt the only mistake, Marks said.Stafford converted a third-and-5 from the Jacksonville 36 with a 7-yard pass to Theo Riddick with 2:18 left. That set up Praters field goal to cap a 15-play, 60-yard drive that took nearly 8 minutes off the clock. The game-winning drive was a seven-play, 79-yard possession that ended with Ebron getting a handoff as he went from left to right after lining up as an off-the-line tight end.Tavon Wilson sealed the victory with 2 seconds left with an interception, the second thrown by Blake Bortles.RESTED AND RUSTY:Coming off a bye, the Lions had more punts (five) than rushing yards (two) and just 18 yards passing late in the first half, but led 6-3 because Andre Roberts returned a punt 55 yards early in the second quarter after he fumbled on a punt return early in the game.The Lions, who had just 14 yards rushing for their lowest total since 2007, were also fortunate their defense scored to put them ahead 16-9 early in the third when Rafael Bush returned an interception 39 yards for a TD.Winning is never pretty at least for us, Detroit coach Jim Caldwell said.AVOIDING HISTORYThe Jaguars avoided having a dubious NFL record all by themselves, finally getting a takeaway. In fact, they recovered two fumbles against a team that had lost only one fumble all season. They scored just three points those turnovers.HEAVY HEARTJaguars linebacker Telvin Smith played a day after attending his brothers funeral. He made a team-high eight tackles and recovered a fumble.During the game he did a good job pushing it aside, but Im sure now that it calms down a little bit, itll probably hit him again, Bradley said. I give him and T.J. (Yeldon) credit. T.J. had a death in his family, too, so both those guys were fighting through some things personally.INJURY REPORTJaguars: RB T.J. Yeldon (ankle), CB Aaron Colvin (concussion, chest), TE Marcedes Lewis (calf) and OG Patrick Omameh (foot) left the game with injuries.Lions: S Don Carey had a hamstring injury during the game, taking one of Detroits key special teams players off the field, and Riddick played through a hand injury.UP NEXTJaguars: Jacksonville stays on the road to play the Buffalo Bills (5-5).Lions: Detroit hosts Minnesota (6-4) in a possibly pivotal game in the NFC North race. If the Lions win, they will sweep the season series to win a tiebreaker between the two teams if necessary.Theyre coming in here hungry and angry, Caldwell said.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage on Twitter at www.twitter.com/larrylage ;Dede Westbrook Youth Jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Cam Robinson Youth Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half.http:///...-Jersey.html?cat=969 . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Nathan Cleverly insists he is better now than when he was first supposed to fight Juergen Braehmer five years ago.The Welshman was due to challenge Braehmer (48-2, 35 KOs) for the WBO world light-heavyweight in 2011 but the German pulled out injured.Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs), 29, went on to become WBO champion and reigned until he was stopped by Russian Sergey Kovalev in 2013 and has since suffered two more defeats both on points to fellow Briton Tony Bellew (November 2014) and Andrezj Fonfara nearly a year ago.But Cleverly believes it was destiny he would eventually catch up with WBA world light-heavyweight champion Braehmer, who is 38 four days after they fight in Germany on Saturday.Its been five years in the making this fight between myself and Braehmer and I just feel its destiny now, its been destined to happen, Cleverly said.It took the shine of my world title victory when he pulled out. I wanted to ripped the title of Braehmer that night. He was the champion and I wanted to win the belt from him, but the belt became vacant and I beat someone else for it.I was confident five years ago of defeating Braehmer, but I would say Im more confident now.I feel that I have developed as a fighter and as a person. Im a lot more wiser, a lot more mature mentally as a person. I was a very young man ffive years ago, now Im more of a man physically. Cam Robinson Womens Jersey. I just feel the time is right now and I feel in a better state going into this fight second time round.There comes a time when the older champion has to move aside to allow the younger lion to come through.After losing to Kovalev, Cleverly stepped up to cruiserweight lose a rematch with Tony Bellew on points and suffered another points setback almost a year ago on a trip to the States to fight Andrzej Fonfara.But Cleverly insists he can revive his career next weekend and make two-time world champion Braehmer, who began his professional career in 1999, look his age.I dont feel weve seen the best yet of what I can offer, and getting my hands on that belt will allow me to showcase what I can really do, and make the second phase of my career the best one yet, Cleverly said.Its my time now, Braehmer has had his time, great career, but its my time now. I just believe that this is mine for the taking.When I became world champion, I was the only champion in the UK at the time and now there are 13 world champions. Ive had my time away from the world title stage, and now its time to get it back and join in the fun. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
0 0 0
Share:
advertisement